Freight Forwarder Calgary
Freight Forwarding Services
When handling cargo and freight across different carriers and modes of transport, freight forwarders manage everything. A freight forwarder sets up the carriage, regardless of origin and destination, negotiating with the carriers. They take care of your freight and process all the important paperwork. Usually our Calgary forwarding division can handle any international freight shipments.
When dealing with Freight Forwarders expect this:
A Calgary freight forwarding company will quote you for international shipping along with all accompanying charges. This should contain carrier charges, forwarding fees, insurance and duties.
Timelines provided by a freight forwarder should be justified, explaining and transfers or transportation methods used. They understand import/export and customs law, so a freight forwarder should be able to advise you on the specific laws you need for your unique cargo.
Upon request, our Calgary freight forwarding service will reach out to carriers and start organizing. We’ll verify the amount, complete any documentation and make packaging simple and easy.
Questions to ask before working with a Freight Forwarder from Calgary:
- Does my freight need to travel by air? If yes, did my freight forwarder get approved by the International Shopping Association? This may not be necessary, but it is a sure sign the company is high quality.
- Did my freight forwarder deal honestly with freight carriers and past customers? How reputable is the company name?
- How large is my freight forwarder’s network of domestic and international carriers? Do they have choices?
- What methods of communication do they use with carriers (Email, chat, phones, etc)?
- How vast are their resources and services? Can my freight forwarder manage my needs?
- Do they provide adequate freight insurance? Does your freight forwarder have extra options like “errors and omissions insurance”?
- Does my freight forwarder give ample freight insurance additionally as “errors and omissions insurance”?
- How helpful is my freight forwarder? Are they skilled, knowledgeable and respectful? Do they provide tools like real-time, web-based tracking for your freight forwarding codes, as they go through our international forwarding agents?
- Are they experts with regulative documentation? Do they help with freight insurance, permits and Letters of Credit?
- How about customs clearance? Do they deal with packaging, crating and containerization? Did they mention repositing, distribution and inventory management?
- Any company offering freight forwarder services should quote you a flat fee for any services rendered. This should include handling of payment for document processing, carrier prices and any miscellaneous expenses. Everything you will be charged should be transparently enclosed in your freight quote, certifying anything your freight forwarder itemizes.
Let us know if you have questions about the best freight forwarder services for Calgary.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
We’ve been in business since 1977.
Our reliable customer service team can help answer all your questions and will save you time, trouble and unnecessary expense while getting your product to its destination in an efficient and timely manner.